restart service

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

hi,

i am using professional version from today, 1.05.2004. i try to restart a service on remote server i case of alert.

but nothing happens.

how can i test or do some debugging to find out the reason?

thankx markus

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    You can manually verify it by doing following:

1/ Open the Windows Command Prompt (DOS screen)

2/ Go to the alerts subdirectory of ServersCheck

3/ Create a file with notepad called SSR.conf with following in it:

[SSR.conf]

Command=START <SERVICE>

Server=<COMPUTERNAME>

Username=<USERNAME>

Password=<PASSWORD>

4/ From the command prompt start following:

alert_reboot.exe

5/ It will then create a log file called SSR.log; verify the content of that log file.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]

i get

04.05.2004 11:40:30: ERROR: Could not connect to 192.168.244.8 using username: "zzlc1". Error message: ERROR: 1204 - Der angegebene Name für einen Netzwerkdienstanbieter ist unzulässig.

OK this means that there is some security issue on your network preventing the restart. Is DCOM enabled on the remote host? (see earlier posts for similar error message) or this FAQ:

http://www.serverscheck.com/faq/windows.asp?Template=
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]

hi,

dcom is runing, i get the errorr:
    04.05.2004 19:25:09: ERROR: Could not connect to 192.168.244.8 using username: "zzlc1". Error message: ERROR: 1204 - Der angegebene Name für einen Netzwerkdienstanbieter ist unzulässig.

If DCOM is running, are you then able to create a share connection to computernameipc$ ?

DCOM may fool with the error message but if DCOM is running like described then this can only be due to following:

A/ Insufficient rights to access and perform task on remote machine

B/ Network connectivity issue (firewall or similar) preventing request. See other issue in this forum about similar problem.
This discussion has been closed.