edited December 2012 in InfraSensing Sensors
Hi there,

we use one of your:

Hardware Version : Release 2.0

Firmware Version : Release 1.6

Interface Type : RS232

Product Name : Temperature & SensorGateway

Product ID : SC-TS01

To monitor a cool room - We have a external temp device connected over a few meters of Cat5 - Warning and down alert is set to 9°C

Device is returning 12.5°C - however the text is red instead of green and it's throwing a temp alert.

I believe that it's doing a bad compare on 12.5 < 9 and only checking the first digit. If we change the low alert to 10°C then it's fine - hower it's a little too high for us and often gets triggered.

I did a firmware update today - but it doesn't seem to have fixed it and I have rebooted it a few times for good luck.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Hello,

Can you tell me what you have the warning and down thresholds set to please?
  • OzSoftOzSoft
    Hi,

Ok currently the temp is 13.31.

Low Warning is 9 and down is 8.

Current value is in the 'red' and while I can't trigger a SNMP/Email alert today for some reason I have heaps from before. The same red message still happens if both are 9 or 8 etc.

If I raise the low warning to 10 and down to 10 then the current value goes back to being green.

It's happy as long as there are two digits in the warning boxes - but once you get single digit figures it's not happy.

• AdministratorAdministrator
    We will look into it - the sensors are designed for use in data centers or server rooms - 8° is too low a temperature in such an environment as per best practices
  • OzSoftOzSoft
    Thanks for that - that remote probe is right infront of the chiller unit vent hence why it's a tad cold :)

We have other units in the other rooms - just our AC tends to turn its self off automagically at random times and we found that the remote probe was a good way to catch it.

Thanks for looking into this for us.
This discussion has been closed.