SNMP nagios checking

razvan.dimianrazvan.dimian
edited February 2013 in InfraSensing Sensors
Hi guys,

I'm trying to monitor the SensorGateway with nagios and I'm using default snmp plugin for snmp and I'm getting this error.

./check_snmp -H 1.1.1.1 -o sensorgateway.mib -C public

External command error: sensorgateway.mib: Unknown Object Identifier (Sub-id not found: (top) -> sensorgateway)

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    -o is used for OID while -m for the MIB

Here's a sample configuration from my Nagios setup:

-o .1.3.6.1.4.1.17095.3.2.0 -C public -P 2c -u "Deg. Celsius" -m SNMPv2-MIB -w 37 -c 41
  • razvan.dimianrazvan.dimian
    Thanks for the answer, you are right!

Forgive my bravery, could you please tell me where do I get the OID's for the sensors?

I tried to snmpwalk the device I don't see the OID's for sensors. For the test I used your OID and it worked.

You're welcome.

For the MIB browsers, there are a number out there that are available for free. Just search using the key words "mib browser." :)
    :) I used snmpwalk from linux and a MIB browser for Windows and I still don't get it.

You can take a look here: image

I'm not very experienced with SNMP so I may look stupid right now :)
    You can try ireasoning MIB browser. They have a free version of their software.

Just configure the settings in "Tools" > "Options" > "Default Values" to match with the SNMP settings of your SensorGateway.

Then input the SensorGateway's IP address on the "Address" field, make sure the OID field is blank, choose "Walk" on the "Operations" roll down menu and hit "Go."

You'll now be seeing the SensorGateway's OIDs. :)
    Great! It works now!

Thank you again for your help and patience :)

Thread closed!
    Glad to help :)
This discussion has been closed.