SMS delivery failure

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

I got problem to configure SMS:

1) If I use data modem to connect to provoder, do I have to sign contract with them first? as my celluar phone is AT&T, I cannot find it in provider list.

I also tried another celluar phone which use "Verizon" service, I selected "USA Verizon(TAP)", from DOS command I can see "Successfully sent message <test/DEBUGServersCheck> to recipient XXXXXXX", but cannot receive anything.

2) I have dial up connection to "Compuserve", can I use data modem dial to Compuserve then use clickatell service through internet?

thanks.

michael

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Dear Sir,

AT&T has discontinued in August last year the support of SMS sending through a SMSC. Other providers like Verizon will most probably not deliver the message to another network provider.

You need an Internet connection to be able to deliver SMS messages to the ClickATell service.

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]

So if I want to use phone connection by data modem, how do I know which provider is the right one I can use? as I selected verizon from provider list, my celluar phone is also verizon, but cannot receive the test message.

Please help.

michael

• AdministratorAdministrator
    You need to have a provider that offers dial through an SMSC and either supports the TAP or UCP protocol.

A search on the Internet showed me following:

Verizon has a SMSC on following number:

The baud rate should be set to 2400 baud and 7e1 is the TAP protocol.

So your smscommand.ini should look like follows:

[Provider]

Protocol=TAP

SmsCenterNumber=18668230501

CommSettings=7,e,1

Authentication=

Legitimization=

BaudRate=2400

TextLength=160

[Modem]

Port=3

ConnectionTimeout=90

DialPrefix=

[Options]

EventLog=N

================

If you use a dial prefix then set it and make sure that your port is set correctly
This discussion has been closed.