Access denied on remote host

ScheffScheff

Hello,

I am new to servercheck and trying to get things working.

Especially the check for remote servers is very interesting to me. I installed sc at my home office pc and wanted to check one of our windows servers. Unfortunately even with dcom running, several newly opened admin accounts, and hours of configuration I am getting always this error:
Error Returned: Error connecting to host. Error -2147024891: Access denied.

Do I have to install anything from the serverscheck software additionally on my servers? Maybe I didnt get that point ;(

The servers are not firewalled, winxp, win2k or win2k server. Sometimes the configuration test is running, but the rule after that is not.

Any ideas?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Is the ServersCheck Monitoring service running under a windows account? Is the computer running ServersCheck in the same network segment as the servers you would like to monitor? Is there a firewall between the ServersCheck computer and the servers?

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]

Hello again,

yes, the Monitoring is running under a windows account (administrator). And no, the ServersCheck is not in the same network segment, its just reached from home via ip.

So the monitored windows options do need the servercheck and the "remote" server to be in a windows network?

• AdministratorAdministrator
    The windows based checks (services,...) are based upon WMI. WMI can throw that error message when the ServersCheck computer is not running in the same network segment as the to be monitored servers.

When there are firewalls, ISPs, etc.. in between then you might get this error message.

Regards,

Forum Administrator

Hello,

I got the same error message [-2147024891] access denied.
    both server are in the same domain, service is running under admin account and no
    firewall is running within the network (LAN) I don't use any proxy server.

What happen ?

Access denied can mean 3 things:

1/ WMI is not running (both ServersCheck and target host)

2/ Security policy (router, etc...) blocks WMI calls

3/ Admin account has no access rights on remote computer
This discussion has been closed.