Temp. Sensor & gateway Historical data

Yash.BYash.B
edited October 2013 in InfraSensing Sensors
I have the Serverscheck temperature sensor & gateway with me. I have configured it and it works fine. i get the graph of temperature vs time. I want to know if we can see the historical data i.e. where can i view the table where all the readings are recorded.

thanks.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    For historic data you need a monitoring software. Over SNMP historic data is collected. Our monitoring software is free of charge (community based support).

The entire database where all the readings are recorded are stored on RRD format which is found in C:serverscheck_databases. Unless you're able to utilize such files, what we could recommend using are the database logging and reporting functionalities which store status changes and the latest values.
  • Yash.BYash.B
    I downloaded the monitoring software from the serverscheck website. That's where i get the graph. where can i get the database logging functionalities and is there any other monitoring software i can use.
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    You are free to use any NMS/EMS you desire since the SensorGateway, which has all the sensors, is SNMP based.

You can learn about our ODBC logging here:

http://wiki.serverscheck.com/index.php/ODBC_Logging

For our status reports, you can avail of that on Reporting>Status Reports. The configuration is pretty straightforward. You can check out the predefined "Sample Status Report" to see how it goes. For the actual report, click on the magnifying glass icon.

This discussion has been closed.