HUAWEI USM Modem

madrianrmadrianr
After you told me that we can use HUAWEI USM Modem for SMS Alerting we purchased a HUAWEI E303 HSPA USB Stick - the modem works but how to config it because it is a USB modem and was not shown under a COM Port?

robert

Comments

• madrianrmadrianr
    As I see the modem is not attached to a COM Port - how to "map" the USB Modem to the COM Port?

(there is no Special Software/Driver for that USB Modem)

robert
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    Please contact Huawei support or the seller of your modem on how to have the Huawei modem appears as a COM port on your system.

• madrianrmadrianr
    I'm very angry about that situation because I extra asked your company which modem we should buy and your sales said that we can buy !!any!! HUAWEI USM Modem and it will work with ServersCheck - now you told me to ask HUAWEI support but this is a consumer product and there is no direct support availible!!
    You report having purchased from someone a Huawei USB modem that does not generate COM ports on your system as it is supposed to.

Now you are angry with us because something is not working properly with the modem you purchased.

That's like blaming an iOS app maker that there is a problem with the iPhone

This links shows that there should be a COM port for your modem and model number:

http://www.wickedunlock.com/huawei-e303/rs11wp9/

• madrianrmadrianr
    no I'm angry because I asked your sales which Modem we should buy and I asked for a special type/model modem but the answer was: I can buy any modem...
    A quick internet search shows that it should generate a COM port. Your device isn't so something is wrong with it. Either in the device itself or with the configuration. It could also be a limitation of the Huawei software on the device based on the customization of the operator.

If you purchased it from a telecom operator, then they should be able to provide tech support for it.

You could also try to install it on another computer and see if it generates COM ports. If it does, then it is your OS configuration - if it isn't then it is your stick
This discussion has been closed.