SensorGateway built-in sensor spikes

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
edited February 2014 in InfraSensing Sensors
What could cause a SensorGateway, latest hardware version and firmware, to "spike up" from around 77F to over 82F in a given second and then immediately go down to the normal temp? It sends simultaneous alerts, one for the spike, and the other one when it "recovers". That gateway has a sensorhub connected to it, with 7 more sensors. No other sensors report anything, even the ones less than 2 feet away from the built-in one. Plus, it is impossible for the temp to spike up 5 degrees AND go down those 5 degrees all in less than 2 seconds.

The unit is new, could it be a defect? I checked the PoE, and everything else seems ok.

Thank you

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    How long has this been happening and how often?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Excuse the delay in my answer, I hadn't seen your question here.

Anyway, the time that went by served to further analyze the issue.

It has been happening since I installed all the gateways and sensors, and I have noticed it is not only the built-in sensor, it is just any sensor, every several hours to every couple of days will randomly show a "spike" with the characteristics I mentioned before. it "spikes" several degrees and at the same time, in the same exact second, it goes back down those several degrees.
    the problem with this is that it generates false alarms, which are triggering a relay on the sensorhub, as well as send unnecessary text messages and e-mails alarming us, when there is really nothing going on.
    Our R&D is working on a fix as quickly as possible as we have been able to replicate it on some devices.
    Thank you for the information, I will check regularly for any new firmware updates then.

Let us know if there is any information we can provide that will further assist your R&D, we'll gladly help out.
    We will update you as soon as it is available
    Could you please download following build and let us know if it fixes the reported issues:

http://downloads.serverscheck.com/sensors/FACTORY_HWver5_Fw_Release_4_1.bin
    great, thank you, I will and I will let you know what happens.
    We are still experiencing the same issue with fake spikes. We had one this morning, and one last Sunday. Exactly the same as before.

Let us know if there is any information which might help you to further address it.
    We have forwarded it to our development team
    thank you
    Is it still as frequent as before?
    I am under the impression that the frequency has been reduced, but I am waiting a few more days to see what happens and be able to come to a conclusion.
  • bschradersbschraders
    Forgive me for chiming in on a somewhat dated thread... I've been seeing the same happen on our sensor:

134 10-Jul-14 11:09:09 Int. Temp 69.26

133 10-Jul-14 11:09:03 Int. Temp 73.71

132 2-Jul-14 0:23:32 Int. Temp 68.76

131 2-Jul-14 0:23:25 Int. Temp 73.71

130 16-Jun-14 7:16:58 Int. Temp 70.65

129 16-Jun-14 7:16:57 Int. Temp 75.29

128 10-Jun-14 17:50:51 Int. Temp 69.26

127 10-Jun-14 17:50:50 Int. Temp 73.71

126 9-Jun-14 5:34:48 Int. Temp 69.94

125 9-Jun-14 5:34:42 Int. Temp 74.27

124 18-May-14 14:00:10 Int. Temp 68.76

123 18-May-14 14:00:04 Int. Temp 73.37

122 30-Apr-14 22:49:31 Int. Temp 68.65

121 30-Apr-14 22:49:25 Int. Temp 73.37

120 30-Apr-14 1:17:25 Int. Temp 68.43

119 30-Apr-14 1:17:19 Int. Temp 73.15

Hardware Version : Release 5.0

Firmware Version : Release 4.0

Build Date : Jan 15 2014

Interface Type : RS232

Product Name : Temperature & SensorGateway

Product ID : SC-TS01
    Basing from the given information, it shows temperature "drops" instead of spikes. Can you please provide the temp value before they drop? So that would mean 3 values per scenario: "before-spike-after"

Thanks
  • bschradersbschraders
    The list has the most recent entries on top, they are spikes. To clarify, this is the list of tripped alerts, so it shows at what temp the alert was triggered, and the temp when it recovered. Warning level is set to 73F, "down" level is set to 74F on the high end. Normal room temp ~69-70F.
    The difference hardly considers it a spike. There have been reports before about this only to find out that the area where the sensor is placed actually does get hot for a number of reasons.

I suggest monitor the actual device and area to see for yourself since the temperature in one point or another does get hot from time to time for a number of reasons. Also, I suggest updating to the latest firmware that we have - version 5.07.

Also, the time interval could also be erroneous for numerous reasons (network connection issues, processing, etc)
This discussion has been closed.