SNMP SET

dbarriaultdbarriault
edited March 2014 in InfraSensing Sensors
Has anyone had success with Set commands on a any SensorHub? If so, do you have documentation?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    SNMP Set could be utilized by using the necessary tools to do so ie, Net-SNMP on Linux. Hence, the documentation that's going to be needed will depend on the tool to be used.

We will provide with an example on the Sensorhub in a follow-up post
    From the ServersCheck SensorHub, this can be utilized by manipulating its outputs given that direct output is enabled which can be verified from the "Sensor Status" page.

For example, if that is enabled, the default integer value would be "0" which can be verified by doing an SNMP Get say on output 1 state: snmpget -v 2c -c public sensorhub.company.local .1.3.6.1.4.1.17095.7.1.0

To enable this, that is to put a value of 1, simply do an SNMP Set: snmpset -v 2c -c private sensorhub.company.local .1.3.6.1.4.1.17095.7.1.0 i 1

To check the OID's, do an SNMP Walk on the device.

For more of Net-SNMP's SNMP Set syntax, kindly refer here: http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/TUT:snmpset
  • dbarriaultdbarriault
    I used iReasoning to set the OID. When I did, It responded with a "SET succeed" but the value had not changed.

All OIDs show "read-only" when we do a walk?
    As said on the first condition, as long as the direct output is enabled, this will flawlessly work. That can be accessed on the "Sensor Status" page.

That's on the "Enable Direct Output (Relay and Output)" section.
  • dbarriaultdbarriault
    Sorry I missed that in your response. Its all good now. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.