Cannot login to Android app

sensorguy02sensorguy02
For a few weeks now, I cannot login to your Android app. I upgrade to a Samsung Galaxy S6 phone and it no longer works. I have uninstalled and re-installed, still no fix.When I first run it, I pick login, it says "Error: Pleas esetup username and password. Do you want to set them now?" I say Yes, and it closes the app and brings me to my main screen. If I instead press Account button, it just closes the app and brings me to my main screen.

Comments

• sensorguy02sensorguy02
    A few recent comments in the Google app store imply others are having this problem too
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    Issue should be resolved - please try again
  • sensorguy02sensorguy02
    No, it still does exactly the same thing. And no update to the app was released, so how are you fixing it remotely without making any changes to your app? I uninstalled and reinstalled just in case and it behaves exactly the same, i.e. does not load and crashes out to the main screen..
    "does not load and crashes out to the main screen" is not the same as a login error. You reported an error to login and there was an issue identified on the server side that was fixed.
  • sensorguy02sensorguy02
    I will repeat, "it does exactly the same thing".
    The login error results in it not loading and crashing out to the main screen. So it is the same...
    i.e. When I first run it, I pick login, it says "Error: Please setup username and password. Do you want to set them now?" I say Yes, and it does not load, closes the app (aka crashes out to the main screen). If I instead press Account button, it does not load, closes the app (aka crashes out to the main screen).
    edited August 2015
    I apologize for not understanding your issue straight from the start.

What Android version are you using?

To other forum users, anyone experiencing the same issue on registration of username and password? If so then what Android version are you using?

We believe the issue might be on the back-end as nothing changed in the front end (app). We passed it on to our systems people for investigation.
  • sensorguy02sensorguy02
    It happens on both my Samsung Galaxy S6 and a Samsung Galaxy S Tab both of which are at Android 5.0.2
  • sensorguy02sensorguy02
    Is this going to be fixed anytime soon? One of the main reasons I purchased your products was for remote monitoring capabilities from my smartphone.
  • adminadmin
    We are aiming to release a fix first half of September. iOS and Android versions 4.3 and lower are not affected.
  • sensorguy02sensorguy02
    It is November now and the app has not been updated. This issue has been going on since July. Please provide a concrete date when this will be fixed.
    We have already released an update for android users.