CPU consumption and Memory leak

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Hello,

the service monitoring_rule are runs twice in taskmanager and consumes up to
100% of CPU. Why they are running twice ?

I notice a memory leak while running serverscheck, after stopping the service
the Memory consumption stop and the CPU usage is going to a normal level between
5-8 %.

Any suggestion ?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    This is not a memory leak nor a CPU consumption: ServersCheck is designed to use the maximum number of CPU power and processing power to perform the monitoring. When using CPU it means that the monitoring program is working. CPU's are designed to run and to be used, not to stay in standby and waiting for a task.

2 monitoring_rules mean that it is multi-threading

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]

Thank you for the enlightenment me ;-)

How do you describe this situation that the mem consumption is growing until system halts, after starting the serverscheck software ? This is what memory leak means.

Any suggestion ?
    Please keep me informed.

Kind Regards

That shouldn't be the case in terms of memory. What is the memory usage at the peak point in terms of actual and virtual memory? There is a built-in monitoring of memory consumption (should it occur that it leaks) to automatically restart it once exceeding 80 MB memory usage (I need to verify the exact figure with a developer).

BTW is ServersCheck ENTERPRISE edition running on a dedicated machine?

Forum Administrator
    Could you also provide (as requested for every new topic) what the version and especially the release of ServersCheck that you are using?
This discussion has been closed.