Performance problems SC server

vierhovenhvierhovenh
On our SC server CPU usage is constant between 50-100%. We've set up about 800 rules to check. Some rules are checked twice a day, others (ping) every 5 minutes. The server is a HP DL380 2 CPU's (Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz) and 1Gb RAM. We'd like to have the server more roles than only SC, but with this CPU usage that's a problem. Is there a possiblity to minimize CPU usage or are there other solutions for this problem?

Comments

• ch0311ch0311
    What version of ServerCheck are you using?

Professional

Enterprise Edition

Enterprise Edition MX2

Enterprise Edition MX4

Enterprise Edition MX8

Read up on the benchmark results on the ServerCheck website.

When I read the manual, there was something in there about system resources with logs and graphs. If you are updating your logs every minute and making graphs, it could be putting more strain on the system. Remember what is going on in the background.

What version of windows are you running?

Also look into running msconfig. Click on start then run and type msconfig. Look at the services and startup tabs. Uncheck anything you realy don't need to be running. There are many ways of tweaking windows.

Hope this helps.

Later,

Chris
  • vierhovenhvierhovenh
    We have SC MX2 running on W2K Server. If I read the benchmark the CPU should not be a problem, but perhaps I can look more closely to the logs en graphs. We don't use them at the moment, perhaps they can be disabled.

Thanks for the answer.

Henri
This discussion has been closed.