Sybase ODBC check

PDIwebPDIweb
I'm running the version available for download currently and I'm having a problem with an ODBC check that I need to run against a sybase databse.

I created the rule with the wizard and selected the Sybase ASE ODBC driver.

By default this shows:

DRIVER={Sybase ASE ODBC Driver};DB=;UID=;PWD=;NetworkAddress=ip,port;

So I replaced with this information that I have, but the check is marked down with the error "Data source name not found and no default driver specified"

DRIVER={Sybase ASE ODBC Driver};DB=qisnewprod.db;UID=dbserver_check;PWD=password;NetworkAddress=10.1.68.21,1498;

My questions are:

does this driver have to exist outside of serverscheck i.e. should the driver exist in odbc admin.

and

do I have to create and odbc connection through windows to use this?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Yes any ODBC driver for Sybase has to be installed (when installed it will appear in the odbc admin)

The check is DSN-less which means that you do not have a connection created through the odbc admin
  • PDIwebPDIweb
    I installed Sybase SQL anywhere 5.0 client and driver and made a connection datasource but I'm still getting the error that "unable to connect to database server: database name required to start engine"

here is my config. I'm 100% sure that the name is correct and the db is up.

DRIVER={Sybase ASE ODBC Driver};DB=qisnewprod.db;UID=dbserver_check;PWD=password;NetworkAddress=10.1.68.21,1498;
    Here is what I could find on Sybase ODBC:

If using the Sybase System 12 (or 12.5) Enterprise Open Client ODBC Driver:

Driver={SYBASE ASE ODBC Driver};Srvr=myServerName;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword

If using the Sybase System 11 ODBC Driver:

Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};Srvr=myServerName;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword

• PDIwebPDIweb
    hmm, unfortunately I have version 5.05.041867, is this version of the driver note supported?

sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0 is the name of the driver if selected through the ODBC admin tool.

WOD50T.dll is the driver dll
    You can enter any value you want in there and edit to your need.

The ODBC strings are templates only that serve as reference.

This discussion has been closed.