Error logging off!

jsvandehoefjsvandehoef
I have installed ServersCheck 5.7.3 on a Windows 2000 Server with SP4. Installation went well.

When I loggin on the server (with Terminal Services) and double click on the ServersCheck Icon, the icon appears in my task bar, near time... When I then logoff, I receive an error regarding a ServersCheck component.

Then when I want to see the ServersCheck website remotely. This is not available... Does ServersCheck need to be started from that Icon, for me to be able to access ServersCheck remotely??? The Monitoring and Configuration Services are started.

Please help.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    The task bar icon has the same effect then the Configuration service. When logging off, the task bar launched ServersCheck quits and kills the s-server process as it should.

Just have the Configuration Service set to autostart and do not start the ServersCheck icon and you should be OK.
  • jsvandehoefjsvandehoef
    Well... I have BOTH ServersCheck services set to Automatic... And I cannot connect remotely...

When I close the Terminal connection, the configuration an the monitoring services keep running.
    Yes but you may not click on the ServersCheck icon and then log-off: this will kill the s-server.exe that was launched by the Configuration Server.
  • jsvandehoefjsvandehoef
    Hmmm... and still Windows "says" its running...

But if I logoff... and restart both services, and then I retry to connect remotely... then I get a connection...

Wierd!
    The Configuration Service is indeed still running because it is a service wrapper around the Configuration Server. By logging off and having the icon in the taskbar, you will delete the s-server.exe process but not stop the service wrapper from running.
This discussion has been closed.