Windows 2003 Server

bingisserbingisser
I want to move Serverscheck from a W2K to a new more performant W2003 Server. All Checks are running as before, exept the "SERVICES" -Check are always down! The Monitoring Service is running with an account with Domain Admin privileges. What's going wrong ?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Make sure the account is also Admin on the local machine where ServersCheck runs and not only a domain Admin.
  • bingisserbingisser
    The service is now running as a local admin account, but the services are still "down"...
    has the admin account under which it runs admin rights on the remote machines?
  • bingisserbingisser
    The local Admin Account is "standard" ocal admin account on the machine itself and has no special right in the domain or on other machines.
    if it has no rights on the remote computers then it will not be able to perform the remote checks
  • bingisserbingisser
    The moment "Serverscheck" is running on a W2K-Memberserver, due performance problems , I want to move it to a more performant W2003 Server.

Actually, I have configured "Serverscheck-Monitoring Service" wit a Service Account with Domain Administrator Privilegies. On the actual W2K Srver that works fine, but on the new W2003 Server all "Service"-Checks are down.

So, what does I need to change to monitorin again all "Service" -Checks ?

Some more Infos about the environment:

-Windows 2000 Domain with about 12 DC's

Actual Serverscheck Machine: W2K Server (Member)

New Serverscheck Machine: W2003 Server (Member)

Machines to be cecked:

- 40 W2K Member Servers

- 12 W2K-Domain Controllers

If you are using the same account as on the W2K and both are domain member servers with exactly the same priviliges then something is wrong in the lock down (which is typically done of the W2003 server)
This discussion has been closed.