Empty graphs in ServersCheck 5.8.2

AdministratorAdministrator
This message applies to user having 5.8.2 and facing an issue of empty graphs.

We have detected in an issue in the build of ServersCheck Build 5.8.2 where for some checks no data in the graphs is shown.

To correct this issue, simply use the update.exe to download the corrected files. (5.8.2 Build 2).

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Forum Administrator

Comments

• kailefkailef
    I am evaluating ServersCheck for my company, and I have found that the graphs are always blank. Even after a few days of use, they are blank. I upgraded as directed above, and it didn't help. (The program is 'upgrade.exe', actually, not 'update.exe' by the way) In fact, I'm now using 5.8.2 Build 3 and the problem is still present.

Your product has great price-feature value especially compared with the competition, but if I can't produce graphs the product isn't very useful to us.

Can you suggest a course of action?
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    What is the frequency of the checks you defined and before upgrading, have you deleted the *.rrd databases in the c:serverscheck_databases directory?
  • kailefkailef
    The checks were (and still are) defined to occur every two minutes... I didn't delete any .rrd databases. I guess that's something I should do?
  • kailefkailef
    Okay, here's what I did:

I changed all the check durations back to the default 5 minutes (300 sec) from the 2 minutes (120 sec) that it was set to before. Then, I shut down ServersCheck entirely, stopped the service, and deleted all of the .rdd databases in the directory you mentioned. Then I restarted the monitor and the service again. However, even after a half hour of waiting, the graphs are still blank.

Does this happen in the commercial product as well? Can this be fixed?
    Maybe something went wrong with the upgrade.

Uninstall ServersCheck completly (so no files remaining). Reboot and install the version downloaded from our website (http://www.serverscheck.com/download.asp)

The license key turns the trial version into a commercial one and as such it is identical.
  • ECSOPSECSOPS
    I too am having empty graph issues but it is only with all disk space monitoring rules.

I have upgraded to the lastest version as recommended in this thread, confirm SC graph icon has changed.

But to dissapointment the disk counters still do not graph.

I understand the rule is set on thresholds, however should it not log the values thus giving some disk usage trend?

Rgs
    I will pass this on to development and let you know asap.

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • ECSOPSECSOPS
    Any further resolution to the empty graphs on disk usage?

Upgrade to 5.8.3
  • ECSOPSECSOPS
    Thanks for your responses.

I have upgraded as suggested but have now found that the existing disk usage rules do not log on the graphs but new rules do.

Is there a quick solution to recreate the disk monitoring rules rather than individually delete and recreate?

Rgs
    As stated earlier in this thread that you joined: you need to delete the rrd files related to your check to reset the graphs.
This discussion has been closed.