CHECK-definition

kompukitkompukit
What specifically is defined as a CHECK as per free version?

I have two servers I'd like to monitor with the free version

would this be allowed?

i.e checking on both servers, if the server is down...if email server is down?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    The free version is for personal, non-commercial, use only (so may not be used within a company but may be used by individuals at home, schools, non profit organizations,...) and 3 rules only. Example pinging 3 items.

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • kompukitkompukit
    Quote: Originally posted by Administrator on 26 March 2005

The free version is for personal, non-commercial, use only (so may not be used within a company but may be used by individuals at home, schools, non profit organizations,...) and 3 rules only. Example pinging 3 items.

Regards,

Forum Administrator

so are you saying that i can NOT use the free version to monitor say...one server ...example one email server and one http server?
    The free version is intended for personal use. Commercial users are invited to purchase a licensed version. License fees is what enables us to invest in newer features of the product; like revenue enables your company to pay your fees.

It is not 3 servers you can monitor but 3 rules. This can be for example one computer:

- PING check

- Memory check

- CPU check

but it can also be used to simply perform 3 PING checks which would check the availability of 3 servers.
  • kompukitkompukit
    Quote: Originally posted by Administrator on 26 March 2005

The free version is intended for personal use. Commercial users are invited to purchase a licensed version. License fees is what enables us to invest in newer features of the product; like revenue enables your company to pay your fees.

It is not 3 servers you can monitor but 3 rules. This can be for example one computer:

- PING check

- Memory check

- CPU check

but it can also be used to simply perform 3 PING checks which would check the availability of 3 servers.

ok so if I was to say, monitor two domains on one server

and do one check on each domain that would count as two checks, correct? so i could perhaps do a third check on one of the two domains mail server to total 3 checks...is this allowed?
    Each item you check is counted (whatever it is) and you can only perform 3 of them.

You can only create 3 rules (= 3 lines) in ServersCheck in the free (which is the same as the trial version)
This discussion has been closed.