Checks just Stop...?

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
Hello,

Last night was the 3rd time this has happened; where ALL my checks just seem to stop..

The last up time for all the checks was 21:14 last night, however the last time this happend it was during the working day.

All the checks show as normal (green or ones that are down remain red)- so the failure is not obvious.

I checked the services; both running.

Network connectivity remains fine.

No logs in event viewer to point to any obvious issue.

Checks only resume after machine has been restarted.

My graphs and availabilty show blank through-out this time.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    What is the content of your main log file (in the logging subdirectory). Where the monitoring_manager.exe and monitoring_rule.exe still running?

(just to make sure: it is not an old status page being cached?)

While looking at the cause, we are working on a supplemental internal watcher in the software. If that watcher detects that no checks were executed for 15 minutes, then it will restart itself.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    OK, the main log (or list of logs in the format xxxxxxxx-2005-5-24.log) show the status of all the checks fine, up until 21:15 last night; which was the last log of yesterday.

..the next log was 9:35 this morning (after the restart).

I didn't check if the monitoring_manager.exe or monitoring_rule.exe were still running before rebooting. :(

Is there any other logs to trace what happened?

Thanks
    Besides the Windows Event Log no there is no other logging.

Check out if the processes are still there and in the mean we work on an internal watcher.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    I presume that if you are working on an 'internal watcher' others have reported this problem too?

Also, is this add-on going to be Free? I'm using version 5.8.4 (I think) - and have just seen you have version 5.10 availalbe.

1 query; a previous post mentions that upgrading to version 5.10 requires purchasing a new license. However I only purchased this software a couple of months a go - and it was MY feature request that you've added to Version 5.10!

http://www.serverscheck.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=510&PagePosition=1

Thanks
    Dear Sir,

1. Others have not reported it and we are developing it for you

2. It will be included in the upgrade

3. You have read a previous post incorrectly. 5.10.0 requires a new license key which you can obtain automatically by logging into the online helpdesk at

http://www.serverscheck.co.uk/helpdesk

A new license key is not the same as purchasing a new license!

Login details for the helpdesk were emailed to you upon purchase of the software and reception of the initial license key.

4. The feature we included regarding event logging was requested before by some other users as well.
This discussion has been closed.