number of retries equals to zero

GavachGavach
I'm using eval version of serverscheck (v 5.10.1)

for example when I configure an URL Check rule, I want that the "number of retries before rule fails" be equal to zero.

But, when I've configured this rule, it's always set to "down", even if the check condition is correct. Why?

Thanks

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    What is the error message/reason. Down is not influenced by the number of retries (if in retry it is DOWN? and otherwise it is DOWN)
  • GavachGavach
    The error encountered is that when I set the "number of retries before rule fails" to zero, the check response is always set to "DOWN", even if the test is correct.

for example, when I perform "URL check", I want a response delay < 1000ms. If the delay is > 1000ms, I want the check be considered as "DOWN" without any retry, in order to decrease the Service Level Agreement associated.

but it does not function, because of this error.

Thanks for your help.
    can you please give me the error message shown in the rules overview page for the check you created
  • GavachGavach
    there isn't any error message reported...

But I can give you a part of the general activity logfile :

Wed Jun 8 14:50:22 2005 - URLURL - Alert when: All down cycles is true

Wed Jun 8 14:50:22 2005 - URLURL - DOWN ne DOWN and DOWN ne "DOWN?" and All down cycles eq "On each status change"

Wed Jun 8 14:50:22 2005 - Starting alerting procedure for URLURL with status: DOWN

Wed Jun 8 14:50:22 2005 - URL CHECK> URL Status:DOWN - Previous:DOWN - HTTP Code:200 - HTML Download Time:204 sec - Attempts: 0 of 0 -
    And if you set to number retries = 1 it works?

Now note that 204 seconds = 204000 milliseconds
  • GavachGavach
    Quote: Originally posted by Administrator on 08 June 2005

And if you set to number retries = 1 it works?

Yes, it works normally, but not as I want.

Quote:

Now note that 204 seconds = 204000 milliseconds

I know, but it's a bug. It should be written "msec", not "sec". I've verified
    I will check with development and let you know when a fix is available
    A maintenance release has just been posted fixing the reported issue.

You can now download 5.10.2
  • GavachGavach
    What a reactivity!

Thank you very much of your assistance.
This discussion has been closed.