EventLog Monitoring

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
I'm a trial member of serverscheck and I like what I see! I have a question though.

Is there any way to change the status of a device for eventlog triggers?

Example: I want to monitor a server for any errors in the application log. If I detect an error, obviously, the server isn't down because I can login and get the event log status and message. So, instead of an up/down, I want to be able to trigger another condition such as "warning".

Thanks

Ted

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    No but the severity is defined by the type of alert you send out. For example if it were warning for you, then you would only send out an alert via email.

If the server is no longer respondig then this is a different rule (for example a PING check) and then it would be sent as a text message
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    I'm not sure that I understand. All of our alerts are delivered via email...including to our cellular phones.

Ted

Quote: Originally posted by Administrator on 23 June 2005

No but the severity is defined by the type of alert you send out. For example if it were warning for you, then you would only send out an alert via email.

If the server is no longer respondig then this is a different rule (for example a PING check) and then it would be sent as a text message

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    AHA! Ok, after playing with this, I see how it works.

Thank you

Ted

Quote: Originally posted by twagner on 23 June 2005

I'm not sure that I understand. All of our alerts are delivered via email...including to our cellular phones.

Ted

Quote: Originally posted by Administrator on 23 June 2005

This discussion has been closed.