MSSQL ODBC check unable to login

gantidgantid
Hi,

I am trying to setup a rule to check the availability of a MSSQL database. The SQL database is set to use domain credentials. I tried to define the rule to use the domain admin id and password (modified the template to use the uid/pwd). However, I get the Unable to login error.

Any suggestions?

Your help is very much appreciated

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Is the Monitoring Service set to a domain admin account having access to the SQL database.

If Windows authentication is on, then passing on the username/password in the ODBC SQL string will not work since it uses the Windows connectivity for authentication.

Best is also to enable username/password logon to the SQL server for the computer running ServersCheck.
  • gantidgantid
    I have a bigger problem now. I changed the Login parameters of the service to use the domain admin/password, now I can not start the service. It gives the following error

Could not start the ServersCheck Monitoring Service service on Local Computer

Error 193:0Xc1

Please help
  • gantidgantid
    Here is the event log entry:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Service Control Manager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 7000

Date: 7/8/2005

Time: 10:56:04 AM

User: N/A

Computer: ROCKCHECK

Description:

The ServersCheck Monitoring Service service failed to start due to the following error:

ServersCheck Monitoring Service is not a valid Win32 application.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    Does it have the login as a service rights and local admin rights as outlined in the help file?
  • gantidgantid
    There was a problem with the password. It is ok now.

Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.