TRAFFIC AND BANDWITH error’s setting up

Jos_H&RJos_H&R
I have tried to get results for traffic and bandwith rules but it does not seem to work properly.

When i ask for results on traffic or bandwidth of a specific server it returns on three of the 4 interfaces, this server uses, the result DOWN, UNKNOWN and a result of -43,65. On interface 1, I get OK, but a result of -62 ?

This result is similar on all other servers tested, with the exception that those servers only have 2 interfaces.

Can you help me how to get good results on all of my interfaces.

Sincerely,

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Is this when you hit "test settings" or when the rule is running?

A negative result is normal in test settings since it polls the OID only once and in order to calculate bandwidth you need to deducted traffic between the 2 polling moments and divide it by time.
  • Jos_H&RJos_H&R
    Thank you for quick answer.

I have tried both settings, and yes, what was written above was from a test setting. Nevertheless I have continued the rule but the rule still gives me DOWN on interface 2,3,4 and OK for 1.

Sincerely,
  • Jason29Jason29
    Had the issue too. OID was incorrect and solved the issue.
  • Jos_H&RJos_H&R
    Nice to know, but what are the details of your solution?
  • Jason29Jason29
    I performed SNMP walk to get the correct OID's for my interfaces and then entered them into the app.
  • Jos_H&RJos_H&R
    thank you for this answer, but do not know what "SNMP walk" means, is it a package or tool or command. Could you please explain?

I have windows 2003 servers with SNMP enabled.

Sincerely
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    You can best install the free GetIf application to get the correct OID's from the additional interfaces:

http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/FILES/Tools/SNMP/getif/getif-2.3.1.zip

It works for interface1, so this indicates that the SNMP protocol between ServersCheck and your remote host operates fine.

The down on the other interfaces is probably due to the fact that the matching OID's are incorrect.

By performing a SNMP walk, like suggested by Jason29, you get to see each OID and the value it returns.

SNMP walks is a SNMP command.

• Jos_H&RJos_H&R
    Thank you for the tips.

I tried the tools and changed the OID accordingly and yes it works.

However, not important, SNMP walk or SNMP walks as a command does not give me the answers. The downloaded tool as you suggested does.

Again many thanks.

Sincerely
This discussion has been closed.