No default graphing/RRD

michielonlinemichielonline
I removed an older version of SC and installed the latest version again but know I no longer have default graphing!

The queue folder is empty, as is the serverscheck_database folder: There are no RRD files in that folder. How do I get RRD/graphing working again.

I'm using the latest version 5.10.6

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Why did you remove the RRD files? You should have followed the upgrade procedure as outlined in the knowledge base (when doing a uninstall / install to upgrade):

http://kb.serverscheck.com/index.php?page=index_v2&id=12&c=5
  • michielonlinemichielonline
    That doesn't matter, I wanted a clean start so I completely removed serverscheck and started over again.

Why is the new-fresh install of SC not creating new RRD/graph files??
    The queue folder is empty and the license key you have is for 5.10.X correct?

The s-graphs.exe is running (see task manager).

If yes to all above, then I fear that the uninstall/install process did not happen correctly causing the issue you are facing.
    Another way of checking graphs:

1/ If the s-graphs.exe process is running, then kill the process

2/ While the ServersCheck Monitoring Service is running, the queue folder of graphs should grow

3/ open a .graph file and copy the command

then go via command prompt to the serverscheck_databases folder (which has to reside on same drive as main ServersCheck application) and type:

rrdtool <command from .graph file>
    The license key is correct and the s-graph process was running.

I removed the application again, rebooted, removed all folders the uninstallation process didn't remove, rebooted again, installed v5.10.6 again, copied the .conf and .lic file back. Set the services to autostart and rebooted again.

Still the serverscheck_databases folder and graph folder remain empty. Killing s-graph doesn't result in .graph files in the queue folder.
    Are the checks being executed? What version were you running before? (if you upgraded from a version lower than 5.10 then a new license key is required).
    The checks are running OK. they're just not logged in the database. The previous version was 5.10.5 so that should be the same key.
    Indeed the key is the same when upgrading from 5.10.5

If the graphsqueue folder is empty, then the monitoring_rule.exe and monitoring_manager.exe are not creating the jobs for the graphing component.

Can you please make sure that there is no s-graphs.exe at all running (when the Monitoring Service runs). If it still does not generate any files in the graphsqueue folder, then the upgrade probably caused the issue. In that event I would like you to try and install the ServersCheck Monitoring 5.10.6 on for example your computer and copy all the *.conf and *.lic files. Let it run and see if it generates the graphs on your machine. If it does then there is something wrong on the current host of the ServersCheck application.
    I copied the conf file to my vmware test image and same problem there. (lic file was already the same)

Same problem on my vmware image. Can I mail you my conf file??
    Yes please send it to support@serverscheck.com

You will get an autoreply (don't worry we will read the mail)

Please note that as per requirements, ServersCheck needs to run on a dedicated system and not a virtual server. (this might be the cause but let's first try with your conf file)
    Have you manually created the conf file? I saw that the Graphs option in the conf file (as wells as the log file and HTML one) have been set to "True" whereas in the standard conf file delivered with the app the value is "true" (so all lowercase).

I modified it in your conf file and now graphs are created just fine.
    I had created one set of rules (disk check, mem check, cpu check) and with a script copied those lines for every active server. I did write the first few lines manually so that's what went wrong. I changed it to all lower case and now it works fine.

Thanks for your help!
This discussion has been closed.