Temperature Sensor

mfennellmfennell
edited July 2006 in InfraSensing Sensors
Hi i have purchased a Temperature sensor from your company over a week ago, now my problem is that i installed the software on my pc for testing purpose and to get used to the console and it worked correctly but i have since installed the software on 3 other different pc and servers and cannot get them to pick up on the sensor, what i cant do is when im creating a new monitering rule the choice to use the Temperature sensor is not available now i have read through the forums and tried all the suggestions available but to no avail, i would appreciate it if you could offer me some guidance as it is a priority task for me at the moment due to the fact that we had some trouble with air con lately and need to monitor it.

Regards

Mike.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    So if I understand correctly: it worked on one pc but not on the others?

If so, then what is different in the configuration? (something must be otherwise it wouldn't work on one and not the others)

You are giving very little information in terms of what you have. I will assume following:

- temperature sensor

- serial cable

What com port is the serial cable connected to?

Is that com port available?

What is the error message you are receiving?
  • mfennellmfennell
    Ok thanks for your swift reply,

Yes you are correct i have a

-temperature sensor

-serial cable

First off i have thought about different configurations of each of the systems and in my trobleshooting efforts if have even checked services on each machine and even though there may be differences between operating systems (2000 server/ 2003 server/XP) all the needed services associated with com etc are all running, incedentally i have installed the software in two identical XP systems the software worked on one system but would not work on the other ??.

I am using Com 1 as my communication port.

To answer your question about the error that is my problem i cannot seem to pick up on the sensor in other words when i try to create a new monitoring rule the choice to select the temp sensor cannot be selected.

I have verified on all the systems that the com port is not disabled also i have restarted the service and have tried rebooting with serial cable plugged in.

Incedentially to rule out a service problem do you have a list of windows services that are required for the software to function properly.
    Please clarify: "when i try to create a new monitoring rule the choice to select the temp sensor cannot be selected." What error do you get? Doesn't TEMPERATURE sensor appear in the list or do you get an error when hitting "TEST SETTINGS"?

If it works one system and not on the other then maybe .NET is not installed (as per requirement)

• mfennellmfennell
    To clarify

"when i try to create a new monitoring rule the choice t select the temp sensor cannot be selected", what i mean by this is that the temperature selection is there but i cant click on it to select it the option buttons are greyed out or not visible i took a screen shot but cant post it here.

I can also confirm that .NET framework 1.1 is installed on this pc so it is not this that is the issue.

To me there seems to be some reason that the software is not recognising that there is a Temperature sensor attached so it is not allowing me to select it in the add new monitoring rule interface ??

regards

Mike.
    I understand the issue.

Make sure you installed both license keys as per manual. Probably you only installed one.

Please contact sales via sales AT serverscheck.com
  • mfennellmfennell
    Hi

I dont really know what you are referring to when you mention two licences what i understood about the software is that when i installed the software first it was the temporary licence and i just had to copy the licence into the C:Program FilesServersCheck_Monitoring folder and that updated the licence issue, now it does overwrite the original licence i am presuming, i have checked the help file and there is no real information supplied there on the licences. Also i dont have a manual an am presuming that the manual is the online help file. If you could clarify this for me i would appreciate this and hopefully it may resolve the issues i am having, thanks for your help so far,

Regards

Mike.
    You have received with the sensor a quick install guide in the box.

In there is a section regarding license keys (plural).

If you need the info again, then contact our sales departement so that they can resend it (as a PDF document)
  • mfennellmfennell
    Hi,

First off i would like to thank you for your swift replys to my support mails and just to close off this support call it appears you were right on the button when you said plural in regards the licence it appears that one of the licences was not downloaded once i downloaded it and installed it the software picked up on the sensor i have configured it and all seems to be functioning properly.

so again thanks for your help.

regards

Mike.
This discussion has been closed.