Random stops

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

I have downloaded and installed the free version of ServersCheck. It works fine except that after an apparently random period varying between 15 and 60 minutes it stops monitoring even though it indicates that it is still running. It starts monitoring again if it is stopped and restarted.

I have got two a checks set up, (both URL), and they stop at different times.

Is this a restriction on the free version? If it is I can find no reference to it in the documentation.

David

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Dear David,

without you telling us what version you are using, it is difficult to help you.

Assuming that you are not using 5.0.11 then please upgrade to that version as it includes a built-in fail-over system that if a component would fail, then it is automatically restarted.

The free version (only intended for personal use) is limited to 3 monitoring rules only.

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]

Apologies. I should have said that I am using version 5.0 0.11. I realise that the free version is limited to three monitoring rules.

Many thanks,

David

I have put a capture up of ServersCheck after monitoring of both had stopped at:

http://www.consul-net.net/ServersCheck.jpg

Monitoring was started at approximately 21.00 hours. It is noticeable that the Value at the time that monitoring stopped was much higher than the average value of approximately 1000.

Hope this might be of some help - let me know if there is any other data you would like.

David

What components are running? (check in the task manager)

- s-service.exe

- s-alerts.exe

- monitoring_rule.exe

- monitoring_manager.exe

- s-graphs.exe

Regards,

Forum Administrator

What components are running?
    - s-service.exe running (s-server.exe)
    - s-alerts.exe running
    - monitoring_rule.exe running
    - monitoring_manager.exe running
    - s-graphs.exe running

ServerCheck shows "running" but actually stopped.

Windows 2000 SP4

David

Dear David,

the s-service is not running but the monitoring_manager.exe is?

Is there a *.lock file in your main ServersCheck directory?

Are there any files in the jobs subdirectory under your main ServersCheck directory?

It seems that ServersCheck is no longer executing the rules for some reason although all required components are running.

Is there anything in the windows event log?

What was the last line in the most recent log file in your logging subdirectory of ServersCheck?

Kind regards,

Forum Administrator

the s-service is not running but the monitoring_manager.exe is?
    Correct
    Is there a *.lock file in your main ServersCheck directory?
    No
    Are there any files in the jobs subdirectory under your main ServersCheck directory?
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Yes:

ADataPacketURL.0.286346435546875

AMultiframeURL.0.92645263671875

Is there anything in the windows event log?

Nothing at the relevant times

What was the last line in the most recent log file in your logging subdirectory of ServersCheck?

David

Dear David,

we are getting closer to identifying the issue. Could you please provide me the time in the last line of your log file in the logging subdirectory of ServersCheck.

Could you also provide me the time stamp on the two files in the jobs subdirectory?

Regards,

Forum Administrator
    We think we isolated the issue to an error in the code of release 5.0.11 (only affected version).

Can you please use the update.exe in your main ServersCheck directory to download the latest builds and confirm if this solved the issue.

Our apologies for the inconvenience this issue might have caused you.

Best regards,

Forum Administrator

It's been running for two hours now and both checks are OK. Its 12:30AM here in Hong Kong so I'm going to bed but it looks like you've fixed it.

I only wish other software vendors gave the sort of support that you provide - very many thanks.

David

No problem. Let us know if there is anything else.

Regards,

Forum Administrator
This discussion has been closed.