rules disappears

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Hi

Wen I make a rule and I press F5 (refresh) the rule is gone. when I look in serverscheck.conf the string is gone of the rule I made.

thx

Johan

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]

Hi

I found a verry stange thing what could be the problem.

My servers name is monitor1 in a domain.

I made a shortcut on a client computer's desktop = http://monitor01:1272/

the default shortcut name is ServersCheck PROFESSIONAL Edition - Configuration Server - version 5.1.7

I rename that dispay nam to MONITOR1

When I dubble click the shortcut, the internet explorer opens and the popup password box appears. When I login 1 rule disappears.

when I close the internet explorer and I open the shortcut again, the password box appears again and I logon. Again 1 rule disappears.

I can simulate that until 0 rules are left. :( :( :(

Johan

• AdministratorAdministrator
    ServersCheck manually checks the integrity of the serverscheck.conf file and if an error is found (corrupt data in a line then this is removed).

Can you try and see if it happens with the default ServersCheck.conf file that comes with the installation.

Have you manually edited the conf file?

Regards,

Forum Administrator

No, this situation is on a xp prof clean version installed with all service packs, then I install servercheck (+setup services and admin rights). Then I make 1 rule via the webinterface.

(when i install a clean version of serverscheck I delete also all forlders of serverscheck,-->root + program files directory)

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Can any other user confirm seeing the same issue?

Is the behavior the same when you access your ServersCheck installation with http://<IP_ADDRESS>:1272

Do you use Internet Explorer?

The solution is making a new shortcut to the webinterface ! ! !

;-)

Johan

This discussion has been closed.