DRIVESPACE rule don’t publish graphics

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Hi

The rule drivespace doesn't show anything in the grafics window. The label is unicque and I use the prof version of serverscheck.

There are other rules with the same problem, like CPU rule ... The ping rules are ok.

Johan

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Are there gif files in the outputgraphs folder that match your label name?

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • manthamantha

yes thes is a gif withe the label name.

also I see only 2 graphics in the window, normal there are 3 right?

Johan

• pbettelspbettels

Hi.

I had exactly the same problem.

When i emailed tech support, we went through a few things and the problem was resolved with:
    "The interval needs to be exactly 5 minutes max. I would reduce it to 4 minutes and then the graphs should be created OK. "

I had my interval set to 15 minutes. I set it to 4 and every worked fine.

Hope that helps,
    Pat

There are 3 graphs when there are values and when no values are returned then only 2 graphs are created.

What are the names of the two gifs? and what are the names of the databases (*.rrd files) in your serverscheck_databases directory that relate to your check (label)?
  • mantha01mantha01

label name : c-schijf ares

gif names/files

C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE_day.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE_month.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE_week.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-response.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-response_day.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-response_month.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-sla.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-sla_day.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-sla_month.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-sla_week.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-value.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-value_day.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-value_month.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-value_week.gif

C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE.rrd,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-response.rrd,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-sla.rrd,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-value.rrd

Could you look at the -response*.gif graphs and tell me if thos have values in there being plotted.

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • mantha01mantha01

3 files checked and no spots found !

C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-response.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-response_day.gif,C-Schijf_aresDRIVESPACE-response_month.gif

Greetings,

Johan

And what is the frequency of checking (less than 5 minutes)?
  • mantha01mantha01

15 minutes

Greetings

Johan

It needs to be less than 5 minutes. Otherwise the graphs will not be plotted correctly.

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • manthamantha

I have 90 rules (for testing the program), If I set a (all) rule(s) to 3-5 minutes the check will be done every 15 minutes because the time is to short to check the 90 rules within 3min (that can be the reasen for buying then enterprise version only right?). Is this a bug, because I need only a check every 15 min or longer, not every 3 min :(:(. That means I need an enterprise version. I want to buy it but I first check the program, so if I need to set all rules less then 5 min i'm not sure I can use the program for my SLA tests:(:(:(.

Johan

The Professional version is single threaded as stated here:

http://www.serverscheck.com/versions.asp

The Enterprise Editions are all multithreaded. The number of threads depends on which Enterprise Edition you purchase (MX2, MX4 or MX8).

Tracking your SLA should be possible and is to my knowledge not linked to the graphs. The SLA is the result of a calculation: # UPS/(#UPS + #DOWNS) and this is always shown in the table independently of the interval between checks.

Regards,

Forum administrator
  • manthamantha

Ok admin, tell me , I make a sigle rule of my memory, the config/setup tells me to setup the interval time... +-3-+15minuts right? Ten u tel me to make the grapf right it must be at least less then 15 min so make u'r program so then that I olny get the option less then 5min? so now it's my problem ??? lol! nice program ....

btw: sla... If u have a result u must get the result proved by graph looool. eveybody can say u'r sla is good/bad ...

pfff .. . .

I am sorry that you feel it like that:

1/ Checking is one thing

2/ Reporting is another thing

You can combine both in one rule if you like. For the default graphs to work the interval needs to be 5 minutes.

If you feel like it then you can easily use the ODBC logging, use the data in there and plot custom charts.

From what I know from other users of this software SLA is proved by a percentage and not the graph. Anyone can make a graph too.
  • mantha01mantha01

what value must I change that the rule will check every 5 minutes? (first 900 to 300 or second 900 value?)

DRIVESPACE|X|C-Schijf ares|X|3|X|900|X||X||X||X|true|X|true|X|gt|X|550|X||X||X||X|svr-ares<X>C<X>...<X>...<X>|X|0:59-1:15|X|98|X|yes|X|900|X||X||X|On each status change|X|Netwerk beheerder|X||X||X|Server ares antw|X||X|<X>|X||X|yes|X|<X><X><X>|X|<X><X>|X||X||X|no|X||X|

Johan

The 900 to 300

In the mean time we are working on making the graph interval depend on your selected timeframe.

I talked to development and they hope to have it ready by monday.

Regards,

Forum Administrator
This discussion has been closed.