software doesn’t work with SensorHub

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
I have tried to add the sensors that are connected to the SensorHubs that we have, but after clicking on "DCIM: Infrastructure checks", choosing the proper type of sensor, and following all the steps, it only lets you choose between SensorGateway2, SensorGateway 2 Probes, and SensorGateway 1 Probe; and after clicking on "Detect Probes", it only shows the value of the first probe (the internal one) and all the other ones show 3 dashes ( - - -)

is the SensorHub currently supported on the software? or they will be in a future release? or are we doing something wrong?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    That is the expected behavior of the software since the pre-made OID's to be used are from the SensorGateway alone.

To include the SensorHub's sensors on the monitoring software,

1) Get the sensor OID

- Can easily be done by running an SNMPWalk on MIB browsers and even straight from bash (via Net-SNMP)

2) Upon adding checks on the monitoring software, go to NPM>SNMP GET Checks>SNMP

- Input the sensor OID there and you're good to go
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Ok, even though it is a little cumbersome and it feels like it should be added under DCIM checks, I was able to add one of the values to test the funcionality the way you told me, it reports the value, but since it is not considered a "temperature" monitor, it is just an SNMP value check, it does not show under temperature on the dashboard, and more importantly, which is the feature we really wanted, I can't add it to the Infrastructure heat map, because when I click on "Edit temperature map markers" and I click on "Add sensor probe" , the value I want to add is not on the list (the one I added using the method you instructed me to).

is there a solution for this?

thank you, and I appreciate your assistance
    I see. I'll be forwarding this to development and we'll see what we can do
    Thank you
    Sensorhub is part of release 11 of our software which is scheduled for release in Q1.

Release 11 is currently in private beta
    This is now available on the new monitoring software update.
    When testing the settings for temperature sensors connected to HUB I get the error message that they are "DOWN?" The OID value in the serverscheck.conf file is correct however.
    Have you tried creating an SNMP check to directly specify the OID?
    Thank you for your prompt reply. That was the next thing that I tried and it worked correctly and I was able to capture the temperature data. However, when attempting to add the sensor to the temperature map, the sensor does not display in the list of available sensors.
    As it has been discussed on this thread, there are currently known bugs on DCIM checks..
    Is that also true for adding the sensor to the temperature map?
    Only temperature-labeled checks (under DCIM classification) can be added to temperature maps.
    Latest version - 11.0.2 - has the fix concerning the OID issues on DCIM checks. Also, temperature sensors from SensorHub can now be labeled as temperature (under DCIM category).
This discussion has been closed.