Sensor Response Time

paul.rockettpaul.rockett
edited October 2014 in InfraSensing Sensors
Hello,

I purchased 8 v5 Environmental Sensors back in March 2014.

The devices seem to work fine however 4 of the 8 devices seem to randomly timeout when being queried with snmp resulting in "down" alerts in our motoring systems.

The other 4 devices are fine and always respond in a timely manner.

The timeouts only last for a few seconds as if the IP stack is waking up. I have moved the 4 problematic devices to another network switch and changed all patch cables. This has made no difference to the response times.

All sensors are running firmware version 5.07

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Kindly consider doing a factory reset on one of the "problematic" units and see if the issue will persist
  • paul.rockettpaul.rockett
    I will try another reset.

Interestingly following some further testing I have discovered more of a pattern to this issue.

All the problematic sensors have either a .2, .4, .6 or .8 IP address on a /24 network. The devices with no issues have .1, .3, .5 & .7 addresses.

I removed all sensors from the network and changed the addresses of the .2, .4, .6 & .8 devices to .9, .11, .13 & .15. This resolves the issue. I then added back the sensors that were working on new addresses .10, .12, .14 & .16 and only to find these now have the issue.

I know it’s strange but it seems to an issue with even numbered IP address assignments on these sensors.
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    If that's the case then it shows the issue is more likely present on the underlying infrastructure
This discussion has been closed.