SNMP TRAP chech box

brucegebrucege
edited November 2014 in InfraSensing Sensors
V5 hardware, 5.07 firmware. I am trying to disable SNMP Traps. I uncheck the box, save, and when I return to the SNMP config screen, its checked again. The change is not holding. I need to disable the SNMP trap function.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Have you tried rebooting? If it still happens even after rebooting, please consider doing a factory reset. To do so, kindly refer to the user manual.
  • brucegebrucege
    Yes I've tried rebooting. I did the factory reset as well.
    Unless SNMP traps are activated as an alert option for the sensor in the sensor status page, SNMP Traps are not sent and are inactive.

As you know, SNMP Traps are outbound connections. Not inbound.
  • WETLUDWETLUD
    Same problem for me, i can't disable SNMP trap checkbox in SNMP option page.
    WETLUD, see previous post:

"Unless SNMP traps are activated as an alert option for the sensor in the sensor status page, SNMP Traps are not sent and are inactive.

As you know, SNMP Traps are outbound connections. Not inbound. "
  • WETLUDWETLUD
    I know it, but if i try to disable the SNMP Trap checkbox in SNMP option, it's working in firmware 3.20 and not in 5.07

I know if i don't activate SNMP trap in alert option for the sensor, nothing will be send.

I just want to report a bug
    Please try following TEST build of the firmware to see if that resolves the issue you reported:

http://downloads.serverscheck.com/sensors/FACTORY_HWver5_Fw_Release5_11.bin

This update will only work on Base units starting with Serial number 2013 or 2014 !