Reports - default time range on load / refresh

dbcrvldbcrvl
edited October 2017 in Monitoring Appliance v14+
Hi,

I have a "last 24 hours" report in v12 and it shows the chart for the last 24 hours when I load / refresh the page, as expected. This is great to use it in a dashboard.

I created the same report in the new v14, but when I load / refresh the report page, it defaults to only show the last 30 minutes, I have to manually move the left marker at the bottom to the beginning of the specified time range to be able to see the last 24 hours. If I create a 24 hour report, I want to see the last 24 hours, if I wanted to see the last 30 minutes I would create a report for the last 30 minutes.

I really like the new version, specially the charts, they are much more detailed, but these minor issue is making me stay with v12 for now.

It would be great if it was possible to configure the chart to show the whole last 24hours when I load/refresh the report screen, or at least have the option to set the "default time range" to show on load.

Thanks.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Thank you for your feedback to help make our products better. We've passed it on to our development team
  • dbcrvldbcrvl
    Hi again,

I see one of the features of the new 14.1 release is: Fix: ZoomOut on Charts

Does this mean that charts now default to the full time range instead of the last 30 minutes only? Because I have just installed v14.1 and it does not seem to behave like that, it defaults to the last 30 minutes.
  • PocholloPochollo
    dbcrvl

I think you can zoom in and out of the graph and also it depends on the dates you placed on the plot. another option is for you to go to the reports tab and generate your desired report.
  • dbcrvldbcrvl
    edited November 2017
    I have updated to the latest version and still the same thing.

What I want is to have the last 24 hour temperature chart on a large screen that auto-refreshes every minute (browser plug-in) without any manual interaction with it.
    But in the current reports, when you refresh the page, it only shows the last 30 minutes. I want to be able to default it so it shows the last 24-hours (marked in blue in the screenshot below) so when the page auto-refreshes I can see the last 24 hours, not just the last 30 minutes like now (even though it is a last 24 hour chart).

Thanks!
  • PocholloPochollo
    dbcrvl

ohh you wanted automatic updates, like it would show a customizable live update of the graph. well then I guess we have to wait for it in future updates.
  • dbcrvldbcrvl
    Sensor_Panda

not exactly, I can already automatically refresh the page every X minutes using a browser add-on, the problem is that every time you refresh the page (either manually or with an add-on), the graph defaults to show the last 30 minutes only, not the 24 hours (despite the report being for the last 24 hours).
  • dbcrvl

we have forwarded your concern to our development team to be considered on future updates.

thanks!
This discussion has been closed.