Maximum distance for Dry Contact Sensor Probe I/O

Hi,

May I know the maximum distance for Input (DI) and Output (DO) to be connected by cable?
I'm planning to use 2 Dry Contact Sensors with different SensorGateway on separate buildings several kilometres apart. Can I run the DO from building 1 to DI of building 2 with cable?

When an alarm(siren) is triggered in building 1, I wish to trigger another alarm(siren) in building 2. Is Serverscheck able to do this?

Thank you.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    No that won’t be possible due to the nature of low voltage and loss of current inherent to electrical cables. It should be kept below 3 meters.

What you want to achieve can be done using a script running on a server that communicates with all the units. It would query the sensorgateways’ dry contact inputs and then trigger outputs on other units. If you do not have the programming skills to do it, then our special projects team can develop it for you as part of a consultancy (for a fee) project.
  • ktanktan
    Thanks for your reply.

I will discuss with my client first and get back to you.
  • ktanktan
    Hi,

My client is interested in getting the work done. And he would like to know the estimate cost incurs.
    Could you contact me through email?

Thanks.
  • adminadmin
    Hi Ktan,

Thank you for your interest,

Someone from our sales team will get in touch with you.