WIFI ADD-ON not responding

Hi
After resetting device to default settings from the web interface, wireless add-on is not responding.
This page (attached screenshot) was displayed for more then 4 hours and device was never rebooted.
wifiaddon

LED lights on the top are not flashing only lights from the LAN card are blinking.
Device is not releasing the IP , also add-on doesn’t broadcast the SSID.
I have try to add static IP in the rage 192.168.1.xxx on the PC and I haven’t succeed to access web interface.
Is there procedure how to hard reset WIFI AD-ON or any idea how to fix this problem?
Or doing RMA is best solution cause device is under warranty.
THX

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    RMA is possible but only covers manufacturing defects. If it is following a configuration, then this is not considered a manufacturing defect. Please refer to our user manual for performing a reset.
  • I have manage to access the device through ETH0 interface only. Only that interface was active after resetting to default settings.
    Enabling other interfaces Wi-Fi SSID and host-name change to “carambola2”
    My question is there any config file or new firmware available for downloading to update WIFI add-on with LTE USB modem?
    lte
    I have problem connecting to the internet through LTE modem I have only TX but not RX traffic.
  • StreliziaStrelizia
    I have tried the wifi addon with a USB dongle and followed the instructions on the manual. i can access the internet just fine. maybe your dongle has a problem or not compatible with the wifi addon.
    by the way, i'm using huawei e3131 usb dongle
    imageScreen Shot 2018-10-11 at 12.06.13 AM
  • Strelizia thx for sharing the experience
    My LTE USB Stick model is HUAWEI E3372 received with WIFI add-on

lte1
  • StreliziaStrelizia
    Could you verify your settings?
    Here is mine
    Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 3.00.38 AM
    Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 3.00.50 AM

• Thank you Strelizia for trying to help me,

Before I reset device to default settings I had same configuration.
    And after resetting there are some settings missing and named differently.
    Like initially at the beginning hostname and SSID was “SERVERCHECK” and now is “Carambola2
    And there is no port named USB0 now is wwan0….etc….

fire

fws

If it is OK from your side can you send me your backup of configuration (of course remove if you have any sensitive info’s like passwords) and I will try to restore to my device.
    I will appreciate it if you can do this.

backup

PS:
    Please don’t do reset to default settings you will have the same problems :-) :-)

• StreliziaStrelizia
    edited October 2018
    Hi,
    Remove first the old interface that you configured
    then try to insert your dongle first before clicking the add new interface so that the USB will be detected.
  • StreliziaStrelizia
    You will see this screen
    Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 12.51.00 AM

Just Continue the setup and once you save and apply it, you will see that the USBDongle is included on the WAN.
    Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 12.52.59 AM

Screen Shot 2018-10-13 at 12.53.29 AM
  • adminadmin
    Miki

We have forwarded your concern over to our technical team so they can provide instructions on how to load the default settings in your wifi add on.

• Dear admin
    After restoring from the file that you have send to me, configuration is back to the normal.
    But still I have same problem with LTE connectivity.
    I have follow the instructions from user manual and on the first screenshot everything looks OK.
    I have traffic on the LAN interface.
    This is the screenshot before attaching USB dongle to WIFI ADD-ON
    After attaching USB dongle the interface wwan0 appear (it was expected to be Usb0 interface)
    I have continued with setup using wwan0 as WAN port

And result is same there is not RX traffic, only TX generates the traffic

Please any suggestion from your side ?

Thank you Strelizia for trying to help me.
  • StreliziaStrelizia
    Miki
    you're welcome
    I am assuming that your dongle might be the culprit,
    I have tried making back up on the settings and tried resetting it to defaults (even though you said don't),
    i was able to make it work
    if you have other dongles you could try it out
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    Miki for cellular connectivity please see our Mobile Add-On
    https://serverscheck.com/sensors/addon-cellularalerting.asp
  • DhaneDhane
    Miki
    Is your USB Dongle plug&play or needs a driver to work?
    I have encountered this one when I was using a dongle that needs a usb driver then i replaced it with a plug&play type and it worked.
    try changing yours