Firmware update blew sensor back to factory default settings

obijuanmartinezobijuanmartinez
Hi! I was recently alerted by my InfoSec team that my ServersCheck temp sensors were triggering alerts on vulnerability scans; I went & applied the HWver5 Fw release7_50.BIN firmware update & it blew away the static IP + reset the sensor to defaults. Any ideas? Thanks!

Comments

• sensor212sensor212
    Hi obijuanmartinez

I have tried doing the same thing, updating to their latest 7.50 firmware and in my case I did not get the same results as with you.
    I still got the same static IP and the settings.

Is this happening on all of your units that you have updated?
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    As per release notes, depending our setup you may have to reconfigure a device following a firmware upgrade.
  • obijuanmartinezobijuanmartinez
    sensor212 said:

Hi obijuanmartinez

I have tried doing the same thing, updating to their latest 7.50 firmware and in my case I did not get the same results as with you.
    I still got the same static IP and the settings.

Is this happening on all of your units that you have updated?

Yes! I did 2 x sensors simultaneously & they both took a dive!
  • obijuanmartinezobijuanmartinez

As per release notes, depending our setup you may have to reconfigure a device following a firmware upgrade.

That's really terrible news, as these sensors are geographically disbursed - this represents a potential major waste of time for me
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    What version were you upgrading from? In newer versions it should keep the values. It is a good practice to first perform an upgrade in a test environment before a production enviroment / regardless of product. Are the products running in an internal environment or public network?