eval bummer

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
I have currently been tasked with trying to find a more reliable replacement to Sitescope.

We have the need to monitor approximately 300 individual websites, at about five minute intervals. Sitescope is unable to fulfill this requirement as they we are bound by our existing license to only monitor 100 different points.

I am attempting to evaluate Serverscheck to see if it can successfully monitor our sites on a P4 2.4ghz box with 512MB of RAM.

I have tried another piece of software, and it was unable to reliably perform these monitors so I would like to see if serverscheck is up to the task. Is there any way that we can somehow get the evaluation version of the software to be able to perform these URL checks? I understand the money-back guarantee is in effect, but it would be a heck of lot more convenient to be able to create these monitors, see if the software can do the job, and then either buy it or uninstall it.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Unfortunately due to too many abuses in the past we do not offer trial versions with unlimited rules of our ServersCheck product.

When looking at doing 300 checks at 5 minute intervals then we recommend the MX2 architecture.

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    ok, thanks.

If I purchase the MX2 version, is there a quick and easy way to enter all 300 sites into a configuration file without having to use the interface? Inputting 300 monitors would be extremely time consuming and tedious using the normal interface.
    Yes fortunately there is an easy way.

Create one rule through the interface and then open the serverscheck.conf file with notepad.

Copy & paste the linke related to the check you created and modify the name (each check must have a unique name) and the address (DNS or IP) that needs to be monitored.

The structure of the serverscheck.conf file is explained here:

http://www.serverscheck.com/help5/configurationfile.html

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    thanks!
  • suresourcesuresource
    one last question, and i think we might be go for purchase of the MX product. When the server checks each URL at the 5 minute interval, does it perform them simultaneously or consecutavely? With the other product we've evaluated, it appears to perform these checks simultaneously and therefore seems truly overburden the server.

thanks again for your prompt response!

Doing all at the same time is indeed a burden and might kill your app/OS or even worse: produce incorrect results. That is why our software is optimized towards processors and the capacity it has. An MX2 edition will run max 3 checks simultanously. This means that all your checks with a 5 minute interval will be performed in those 5 minutes and not all at same time every 5 minutes.

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • suresourcesuresource
    thanks again.

We are getting a PO processed and will be purchasing the product soon.
    No problem and thank you!
This discussion has been closed.