Voice problem

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

I have downloaded the trial version. 5.5.1. I have installed the TTS engine and have both Unimodem Half Duplex and Unimodem Full Duplex devices installed. Serverscheck still does not see either modem. This is a Windows XP SP1 system. We are looking at purchasing the Pro version but want to be able to use the Voice feature. Any ideas as to what I need to do to resolve this issue?

Thank you,

Gregg

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    These are modems attached to your serial port and in your sound drivers the modem is listed?
  • gvlrad1gvlrad1
    Yes, One is an external on com2 and the other is an internal on com3. The one on com3 was added after installing serverscheck. Do I need to reinstall for it to see the modem?
    No it should recognize the modems on the serial ports. You can see them from your modem list (Windows Configuration Panel)?

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • gvlrad1gvlrad1
    Yes, they are there. They are accessible from Hyperterminal.

Thanks,

Gregg
    Strange but there is way to bypass it and configure it manually.

Open the file voice.conf (in your main ServersCheck directory) with notepad

In the first line enter COM2 and save the file

(if you do not have a voice.conf file then you can create one). Once the file is there, the voice alert feature is ready to be used.
  • gvlrad1gvlrad1
    That has it recognizing the modem and it will dial the phone. When we answer nothing is heard. I have the following installed on the computer msttss22L.exe. Is this the correct file from Microsoft for TTS? Do I need another or any other files? Do I need a 'voice' file like 'Sam' or 'Mary'?

Thank you,

Gregg
    Dear Gregg,

ServersCheck recognizes the pick-up by the fact that you answer with "hello" or something similar. Make sure that it is with a clear voice.

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • gvlrad1gvlrad1
    Tried "hello" but still nothing. Is there a way to test the TTS to make sure it is working?

Thanks,

Gregg
    You downloaded the TTS engine from the link in the help file correct?
  • gvlrad1gvlrad1
    Yes, that is where the file came from.

Thanks,

Gregg
    I checked with Development and the voice being used is "Sam"

• gvlrad1gvlrad1
    Yes, I checked the one I downloaded and installed and it has the 'Sam' voice in it. Still not working. Calls but says nothing after I answer 'hello'
  • gvlrad1gvlrad1
    I found the problem. I had to go to the control panel and Sound applet. On the Voice tab I had to set the default playback device to Modem #4 Line Playback. This may be a different device on other systems but that is what was needed for mine.

Thanks again,

Gregg
    No problem. So it is works now? We solved in the mean time the issue with the modem listing and it seemed to affect all 5.5.x versions.

Regards,

Forum Administrator
  • gvlrad1gvlrad1
    Yes, it is working now. So the issue with the modem listing is fixed? Will there be an updated exe to test?

Gregg
    The s-server 5.5.3 beta version (including the fix) can be downloaded from following url:

http://www.serverscheck.com/files/s-server.zip
  • gvlrad1gvlrad1
    Installed it. Modems show up correctly now.
This discussion has been closed.