SNMP Trap Enquiries

I did a SNMPWalk on a Temperature &SensorGateway device in Servercheck Monitoring software. Found that the Enterprise ID is 1.3.6.1.4.1.17095. I have configured the SNMP setting correctly on the Temperature &SensorGateway devicedevice. The SNMP trap will be sent to another NMS "Solarwinds".

I tried to simulate some testing and generate some "down" alarms. And I am monitoring all the network activities via Wireshark. I found that the SNMP trap i received from Servercheck sensor was 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0.However, Solarwinds is unable to get it to recognize traps from my Sensor Gateway devices. May I know if there is anything could causes this issue?

Thanks.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    To enable others to help you make sure to specify which version of the Monitoring Software you are running and of the base units.

Also you refer in your post to using Solarwinds for SNMP Traps and earlier the Monitoring Software from ServersCheck. Is this an issue for the Monitoring Appliance, SensorGateway (base Unit) or Solarwinds?
  • KWHSTKWHST
    Hi,

Below is the firmware version:
    Monitoring Software firmware version: 12.0.1
    Base Unit firmware version: 6.0

The issue is actually that the Solarwinds cannot receive any traps from SensorGateway (base unit). And i found that the Enterprise ID (1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0) I saw in Wireshark is different with the Enterprise ID (1.3.6.1.4.1.17095) in SNMP Walk of Monitoring Software. I am wondering why there are two different Enterprise ID.

Thanks.
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    Your post is in the wrong category. This is for Monitoring Appliance v14. You are having an issue with getting traps into SolarWinds. Support would need to come from them or you can ask support from Sensors platform.

Both your firmware 6.0 and your monitoring software are old versions.
  • KWHSTKWHST
    Can I have the software of installer of below version? In case It doesn't work after I upgrade to the latest firmware version and I can revert it back to old version.

Monitoring Software firmware version: 12.0.1
    Base Unit firmware version: 6.0