AC Current Sensor Issue

SMS Order AlertSMS Order Alert
Hi Support,

We recently purchased 6 unit of the AC current sensors, somehow the sensors can only read volt 220. The ampere and the rest reading is 0 when the equipment is On. When we off the equipment the volt still 220 and even we remove the sensor still show 220.

It also won’t trigger the alerts. Please assist

Thank you.

Regards,
Kelvin

Comments

• SchottkySchottky
    hi Kelvin, could you try to clear cache on your web browser or you may try to use other browser to check if the issue is still showing.
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    Kelvin, what voltage are you operating on? What base units do you use (firmware)? We have multiple AC current sensors products. Which one are you using?
  • OhMySensorOhMySensor
    edited March 2019
    The AC Current Sensor, do show the voltage 220 but you in any case you will actually read AC Current with the Blue Clamp and not the Voltage as it doesn't have an option to read Voltage.
    In my Setup, I only test motor currents. It also shows other value such as VOLTAGE, WATTS and WATTHOUR but I am only reading Current so I disregard the other values as it doesn't affect my readings (maybe this is a firmware bug) and just ensure that the Blue Clamp is properly installed on my Wires
    Their Videos are helpful if you could see them out https://serverscheck.com/sensors/how-it-works.asp?item=PWR-CUR
  • StreliziaStrelizia
    The Voltage Reading on the AC Current Sensor is just a reference so that you can also compute for the Power Rating (Power Meter and WATT METER) since Voltage x Current = Power and you have no means of checking the voltage on it
    You can actually change the value the voltage by using the Sensor Calibration.
    For example you are checking the Current for a 220V Supply you can calculate the power with it, if you wanted a more accurate reading you can change the Value on the Sensor Calibration Page.
    AC Voltage Type = which Voltage are you operating with
    AC Voltage Tolerance = tolerance of your operating Voltage
    AC Voltage Value = you can use the exact value of your voltage here.

Hope this helps
  • ErancaEranca
    Strelizia said:

The Voltage Reading on the AC Current Sensor is just a reference so that you can also compute for the Power Rating (Power Meter and WATT METER) since Voltage x Current = Power and you have no means of checking the voltage on it
    For example you are checking the Current for a 220V Supply you can calculate the power with it, if you wanted a more accurate reading you can change the Value on the Sensor Calibration Page.

Hope this helps

Hi Strelizia,

So the AC current sensor does not measure the voltage, right?, if I want to have a true reading in will need to buy the voltage sensor.
  • StreliziaStrelizia
    Eranca said:

Strelizia said:

Hope this helps

Hi Strelizia,

So the AC current sensor does not measure the voltage, right?, if I want to have a true reading in will need to buy the voltage sensor.
    Yes you are correct