ServersCheck is not Working on Win2k

sumeshsumesh
Hello

I have installed the serverscheck software on my Win2k pc ....But to my surprise its not running ...its jus hangs on my PC

Please help

Sumesh

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    ServersCheck runs a webservice that needs to be able to start a socket connection.

Probably you are unable to create such a connection.

Try to launch the s-server.exe (in your main serverscheck directory) and copy the output as a reply to this message.
  • sumeshsumesh
    here is the output

D:Program FilesServersCheck>s-server.exe

#

# ServersCheck Configuration Server

# PROFESSIONAL TRIAL Edition

# version 5.1.13

#

# (c) Copyright 2003-2004 - ServersCheck BVBA

# www.ServersCheck.com

#

#

#

# Server Started Successfully on Port: 1272

#

# To configure ServersCheck open your browser

# and connect to http://localhost:1272

#

#

# ServersCheck Configuration Server is running...
  • sumeshsumesh
    Hello there

It still hangs ...no luck

Sumesh
    So when you have the app running with the above output and when you connect to http://localhost:1272 you still get nothing? Correct?
  • sumeshsumesh
    Ya thats right
    What do you get when you connect with your browser? I assume that you do not have a proxy connection activated in your browser?

• sumeshsumesh
    Sorry for late reply ....Nothing comes up on The browser ...no i m not on a Proxy
    Then something is wrong with your browser. Even if a web site is not available, a browser generates an error (website unavailable or similar) but nothing.
  • sumeshsumesh
    but i am able to browse all other website ...even i do get some time error mess if i m typeing a wrong URl...only on server check i have faced thi prob
  • sumeshsumesh
    When i Chk the task Manager i c that the task Serverscheck Have a status of NOT RESPONDING

Please Help

Sumesh
    Sorry but there is not much we can do to help you out. The application running the configuration server is the s-server.exe as described in the help file.

Regards,

Forum Admin
  • sumeshsumesh
    Wat do u mean that u cant help me in this .....I am using your product ..which i m not able to install ...i tried on some other pc too but still its the case its not working The application jus hangs ...

The output indicates that it is running. For some reason you are unable to connect.

A normal browser shows a connection error and does not hang. Recommended browser is Internet Explorer 6.0 (as previous versions are no longer support by Microsoft)

We can not help you out more than this as the application runs normally (from the output you gave). It seems to be a browser related issue and we do not make/support web browsers.

Regards,

Forum Admin
This discussion has been closed.