Base Unit firmware update (serial number 2013) to 5.11 causes crash

Filip SirokyFilip Siroky
edited May 2020 in InfraSensing Sensors
Hello,
At Ordbogen A/S we updated the firmware to the newest version supported by our base unit and ever since the it crashes several times a day/.
Any idea what might be the issue and how to solve it? Or how to debug if the unit crashes?

Comments

• Filip SirokyFilip Siroky
    So I managed to catch it when I was getting the issue and I was not able to access the base unit from the browser either, so it seems like its crashing.
  • PocholloPochollo

Hello,
    At Ordbogen A/S we updated the firmware to the newest version supported by our base unit and ever since the it crashes several times a day/.
    Any idea what might be the issue and how to solve it? Or how to debug if the unit crashes?

try to perform a reset , and redo the firmware upgrade. If you have an older firmware you can try that too.
    It might be a wear and tear issue or improper firmware upload.
    Hey, I have tried 5.7 firmware as well, the crashing kept happening. Then I performed the reset and the web interface is not available anymore. I used the service discovery tool and it found the device on the correct address that I cannot access. I also tried reset multiple times. Before updating the firmware we had no issues with the device.
    So yet another reset helped. We will see if the unit stops crashing now.