AC Power Fail Sensor DOA

My brand new AC power fail sensor appears to be DOA. The light does not come on when plugged into a known good power source and the sensor gateway doesn't detect it at all. My previous sensor did the same thing which is why I bought a new one.

What happens now?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Assuming that you have the latest firmware running on the Sensorgateway, your unit could be defective. Within 15 days of reception of your order you can open a support ticket from your order page. From your order page you can also request a warranty repair. If you purchased a support contract, then we do an advanced warranty replacement so before receiving the defective unit.
  • Bar2022Bar2022
    Thanks for the information. I sent in a ticket within the 15 days but have received no response. I have used ServersCheck equipment for many years never got a DOA unit before.
    When you submit a ticket, then you automatically get an email with your ticket number assigned. The only way to submit a ticket is through your order page. Sending an email will not work.
    We do test each sensor prior to shipping. Incorrectly plugging a sensor will damage the unit. A typical example is to plug the sensor straight into a switch.
  • Bar2022Bar2022
    edited April 2022
    The ticket request was sent through the order page. Never got a response. The unit was received from Fedex last week opened the box and plugged it into surge protector to check that the little green light comes on to check for power. I saw no light which was weird since my previous power sensor which is dead is doing the same thing.

What is also strange is this unit does not have any tamper seal on it which I have never seen before. I am beginning to suspect that this might be a repaired unit that was sent to me as a brand new unit.
    All units made in 2021 or after no longer have that tamper seal. No repaired unit is ever sent to a customer.

A sensor gets its power from the base unit, not the power source the power adapter is connected to. A led would come up on the sensor when connected to the base unit - regardless if a power adapter is connected to the power failure sensor.

As stated any unit is tested prior to shipping. We are happy to inspect the unit to see what the root cause of the damage is. You can request a RMA from your order page.
  • Bar2022Bar2022
    Okay you are correct the new one is working now just tried it again. When I tried this last week on the base unit it didn't work which is odd. My old one for sure is dead but this one is working. Just logged into the base unit and I can now see the new powerfail sensor.

Thanks for your help.
    Great to hear that it was not DOA but just a configuration issue. Glad that I could help.