setting up a user in a team

powerbouwerpowerbouwer
Hi,

I want to create a teammember who needs to be alerted by sms only every weekday between 17:00pm and 09h:00am , and saturday and sunday the whole day.

It seems that i have to create 3 seperate team-members configurations for this to work :

weekdays 17h:00-23:59

weekdays 00:00-09:00

saturday/sunday:00:00-23:59

Is this the only method? It seems you cannot put multiple timeframes in the 'And only between' box.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    That is correct. This is the only way to set it up. For 5pm to 9am you need to enter 2 entries.
  • powerbouwerpowerbouwer
    Ok. Maybe a future enhancement?

BTW : for sending an sms by clickatell does serverscheck need to be configured to use the internal mailserver? We can only use an external smtp-mailserver and it seems that sms are not sended using the external configuration.

Thank in advance,

Wim Teuwens
    We are currently trying to track down issues with ClickATell and many options are open: move to a more reliable service provider or offer other options than SMTP.

In Belgium you can also use the option send out alerts via SMS through a modem (Proximus or Mobistar).
  • powerbouwerpowerbouwer
    In our case it should be solved if sms are sended using the external mailserver (smtp.scarlet.be in our case). Is it true that an sms is always sended using the internal mailserver?(think I read this in this forum) If so can it be modified to use the external mailserver? I believe an sms is nothing more than a smtp-message with specific body (app_id,username,...). So why can't serverscheck send an sms using the external mailserver?

Thanks for your assistance.
    Regarding the SMTP that's true. However there are too many times issues with it and a response is not received back.

With the HTTP ClickATell now provides a unique ID which indicates that the call was received. As such we can then store that value in a log file and have a confirmation that the SMS request was well received.
  • powerbouwerpowerbouwer
    So in our case we better send sms using a modem? Will the HTTP Clickatell be supported in a near-future release of serverscheck?
    Since last week a developer is working on it and we can send you a beta release later today if you want.
  • powerbouwerpowerbouwer
    If that would be possible it would be nice. I still have 4 sms credits left at clickatell and would like to try the beta to impress my manager :-). Thanks for your support and efforts.
    Here is what you need to do:

1/ Create an API id for HTTP (not SMTP)

2/ Update in the ServersCheck Configuration Settings the new API ID

3/ Install the s-alerts.exe we emailed to you (after unzipping it)

For debugging purposes: in the agents directory it should generate a file called clickatell.conf and clickatell.log

If the Clickatell.log file states in the second paragraph

"Content Found: True"

then this means that the message was well sent.
  • powerbouwerpowerbouwer
    It works beautifully! See below the contents of clickatell.log (minus the confidential data).

Is it approperiate to use this beta-version of s-alerts.exe or should we wait until it goes gold? Any idea when it will be available as gold?

Thank you very very very very much! Forum Admin for President!

Results for URL: http://api.clickatell.com/http/sendmsg?.......

Content length: 36 (Dynamic)

Content: Verified

Content found: True

Download time: 1318

Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 15:31:13 GMT

Server: Apache/1.3.28 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.15 OpenSSL/0.9.7d PHP/4.3.4

X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.4

Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=50

Connection: Keep-Alive

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Content-Type: text/html

X-Pad: avoid browser bug
    You can use it now. It is pretty much final and will be included in the 5.6.2 scheduled for Monday.

And thanks for the compliment.

Regards,

Forum Admin
This discussion has been closed.