SMTP log files

JiPiJiPi
I have created a team with 2 members.

I have associated an alert with this team.

When there is an alert, all is going well, I do receive my 2 alerts on my 2 email addresses.

But, within SMTP log, an error is indicated ???

Fri Dec 10 11:26:09 2004 monin.net existe is OK -> Sending SMTP alert through external proc mail server smtp.nerim.net. Returned: ERROR: Failed to login with credentials .

Fri Dec 10 11:26:09 2004 monin.net existe is OK -> Sending SMTP alert through external esmtp mail server smtp.nerim.net. Returned: OK

How come ?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    ServersCheck automatically tries 2 times to send out the email in the event that it failed the first time.

Some mail servers have difficulties when a login to the server is done too quickly one after another. You might have already experienced this for example with your Outlook application that all the sudden sends a dialog box with username / password because you did a send & receive too quickly one after another.
  • You are probably right.

But is is curious that the problem is systematic. I have tried 30 times and it is the same thing. Weird ?

BTW, what is the difference between "alert through external proc mail server " and " alert through external esmtp mail server " ?
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    There is no difference between proc mail server and esmtp mail server.

This code allows us to see that it did not pass on try one but passed the second time.

Regards,

Forum Admin
This discussion has been closed.