temp monitor help

markwmarkw
edited April 2009 in InfraSensing Sensors
Hi I wonder if you can help me.

we purchased a temperature monitor from yourselves back on 2006 which we have not used for sometime.

however i have decided to get this out of the cupboard and set it up again but we are having problems.

the kit we have consists of:-

1xpsu

1xtemperature monitor

1x serial to ethernet cable

i have installed the trial version of the serverscheck software and plugged the power cable into the monitor.

we have also connected the cable to com1 and plugged the other end into the monitor.

however when i add a service to the software for monitoring the temperature and run test i get the following error.

The check has been performed.

Error returned: Timeout has occurred

the software is set to connect to com1.

thanks

mark

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Can you clarify:

- "plugged the power cable into the monitor." -> what do you mean with "monitor"?

- "cable to com1 and plugged the other end into the monitor"

As per manual sensors are powered through the Ethernet box (if network enabled sensor) or through the COM port. No power adapter is required for temperature sensors.

COM port setting should be 1200bps 8,n,1

• markwmarkw
    thanks for the quick reply.

sorry by monitor i meant the temperature monitor device.

with regards to the cable i have one end connected to com port 1 on the back of the server and the ethernet end directly into the temperature monitor device.

i have also set the com port to the setting to recommended but i still get the same error.

mark

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Does your COM (serial port) provide electricity? Some do not but most do.

Also see following article:

http://kb.serverscheck.com/index.php?page=index_v2&id=51&c=12

Run the sensor in debug mode as per knowledge base article and reply with the output.

http://kb.serverscheck.com/index.php?page=index_v2&id=40&c=8
This discussion has been closed.