Temp Sensor Timeout

JustriteMFGJustriteMFG
edited May 2010 in InfraSensing Sensors
I'm having issues getting a network temperature sensor working.

I am currently using: Version: 7.5.10, Tibbo DS203, ServersCheck Temp/Humidity Sensor

It was working flawlessly but then I attempted to move the sensor to a new location located with the same network segment. The device would not function properly at the new location. I could ping the device but I kept receiving the timeout has occurred error message when I tried to use the device through the ServersCheck appliance. I have since moved the sensor back to the original working location but I am now having the same issues there as well.

I've re-checked all the connections as well the device settings in DS Manager and everything seems to be configured properly. I've also tried resetting the device to factory settings and reinstalling it to no avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Here are a set of tests to rule out problems:

1) Can you PING the tibbo device

2) Does the tibbo device respond on port 3001

3) If you have a second sensor, replace the cable of the faulty unit with one of a working unit

4) If (3) doesn't work, try the same with replacing the sensor

If nothing works, then it might be that for example the cable was damaged during move or the sensor.
  • JustriteMFGJustriteMFG
    I'm having no issues getting a response from the tibbo device so the problem must be with the cable or sensor. Unfortunately I don't have a 2nd sensor or cable to confirm which is the problem. I'm not sure how either could have been damaged during the move. Would an AC adapter for another device do some internal damage to the sensor? I'm thinking that possibly an AC adapter was inserted by mistake and that may be the cause of the problems.
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    Plugging in a different power adapter can cause a power surge if incorrect voltage and damage the electronics
This discussion has been closed.