DS202 Data Connection is Closed

bgsummerbgsummer
edited June 2010 in InfraSensing Sensors
Just purchased a ServersCheck Temperature sensor and we are trying to get it connected for testing.

The Tibbo DS202 flashes two green lights which appears to indicate "data connection is closed".

After powering up the DS202, the ethernet lights start blinking and appear normal but after 15 seconds or so they stop blinking and are both on continuously.

The Tibbo DS202 software can not see the device.

The Cisco switches do not appear to see the DS202 either - port lights do not come on.

Please advise on what we should try ASAP.

Thanks.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    First of all, the Tibbo software (DS Manager) and Tibbo Device need to run in the same network segment. Network should be 10/100 Mbps

Assuming that this is the case, then you can reset the Tibbo Device as follows:

- Make sure the DS is powered;

‧ Press and release the Setup button (button on right side of the RJ45 port) to enter the serial programming mode. Status LEDs will play the serial programming mode pattern;

‧ Wait for at least three seconds;

‧ Press and hold the Setup button for at least three seconds- both status LEDs will be switched off and this will indicate that the initialization has been started;

‧ Initialization takes about one second to complete. Initialization result will be shown by the status LEDs- green LED will be switched on for about 2 seconds indicating successful initialization. (If the red LED is switched on this means that the DS is malfunctioning).

‧ Switch the DS off and back on again to exit the error mode if necessary.
  • bgsummerbgsummer
    Thanks for the fast response.

I tried the reset instructions. After the green LED is switched on for 2 seconds showing successful initialization it goes out -- then the green & red LEDs display the serial programming mode pattern again. Is this what it should do?

Thanks.
  • AdministratorAdministrator
    It seems that you are stuck in the reset mode.

Remove power from the Tibbo for about 30 minutes and then repower - it should then be out of its reset mode

Make sure that both the PC running the software and the sensor are in the same network segment
  • bgsummerbgsummer
    I'm still unable to get this device to work.

I even took it home and tried installing on my simple home network -- 10/100 ethernet and only one segment. The experience is exactly the same as in the office.

I suspect there is an issue with either the RJ45-DB9 cable or the Tibbo DS202.

How do I go about getting a replacement unit shipped?

Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.