Two sensors cause a conflict?

jamiebljamiebl
edited January 2011 in InfraSensing Sensors
Hi,

I have two sensors, one monitoring temp and the other monitoring power. However, when I have them both on the same network, one seems to knock out the other and I am unable to access the webpage and the IP address does not respond to pings. As soon as I switch one of the devices off, the other comes back to life again.

Does anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Make sure to have a different IP for each sensor. Sounds like both have the same IP.
  • jamiebljamiebl
    Hi,

They both had different IP's, one on 192.168.0.213 and the other on 192.168.0.214. With only one sensor on the network it works fine (doesn't matter which one) but when both are on the network the unit that was first on the network starts to time out.

Kind regards
    You have a network conflict somewhere. Either sensors setup incorrectly or a device conflicting with them.
  • shotchkissshotchkiss
    We had the same problem. It turned out all of the sensors we received came with the exact same MAC address. The only way we could resolve that was to create a separate VLAN for each sensor when we have multiple sensors in the same switch
    There is a hidden feature in the firmware which allows you to change the mac address.

If the IP address of your sensor is 192.168.11.160 then go to

http://192.168.11.160/chg_macadr.html

In that page change the digit (max 4 digits) and click on the Change! button. The MAC address will change. Reboot.
This discussion has been closed.