STD ver. General Questions

[Deleted User][Deleted User]

Hi

Have installed the standard version to evaluate the product and have a few questions. After setting up some checks from the browser interface there appears to be a few problems. Firstly I cannot get the service or process checks to work at all. They do not indicate a failure, they just don't work. Secondly, the other checks I setup seem to work once only and then do not check again. What am I missing? Thanks

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator

1. What Operating System are you using?

2. Have you checked your event log of your computer

3. Can you send your serverscheck.conf file to support@serverscheck.com

4. What version of ServersCheck are you using?

Regards,

Maarten

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]

using NT server sp4

Event log flags up

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date: 2/07/2003
    Time: 4:18:36 p.m.
    User: N/A
    Computer: AKLCMGSVR02
    Description:
    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Can't call method "InstancesOf" on an undefined value at s-service.pl line 1061.

Dear Guest user,

It seems to fail on a process check (have you such a check defined?) Please provide us with the serverscheck.conf file (mail it to support@serverscheck.com) and include the version number of your ServersCheck app.

In the event you wouldn't already know it I would kindly like to point out that Microsoft has stopped support of NT Server. As such ServersCheck is not going to be supported on NT Server platforms any longer as we can not rely on Microsoft any more.

Regards,

Maarten
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]

As a comparision here is the same error generated from running serverscheck on a win XPP SP1 PC

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 0
    Date: 3/07/2003
    Time: 3:46:08 p.m.
    User: N/A
    Computer: AKLCMGCPU-ASU1
    Description:
    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Can't call method "InstancesOf" on an undefined value at s-service.pl line 1061.

It is the process check that I have setup that is failing but I get the same sort of thing when setting up a services check also.

serverscheck.conf file on it's way

For services and processes the server you want to check needs to be part of the same NT(W2K) domain otherwise it will fail.

Regards,

Maarten
This discussion has been closed.