Issue with SNMP Traps

[Deleted User][Deleted User]
edited May 2012 in InfraSensing Sensors
We are testing a Serverscheck Environmental sensor version 4.0 Firmware 2.07 and cannot get it to send a SNMP trap to our management software. When we save the setting it attempts to save the setting and sits at the testing screen and never indicates a successful test. We tried sending a trap for a temp issue or water by configuring the alerts to trip and send a trap however our management software does not receive any traps. (We get plenty of other traps from other devices) Is this an issue with Internet Explorer not saving the setting? Any direction would be much appreciated.

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    You are in the SNMP configuration screen - correct?

In there you have defined the IP address of your SNMP trap receiver and the community string matches the one of the SNMP trap receiver - correct?

I just did a quick test with a new unit on Firmware 2.0.7 and the SNMP Trap is received just fine in iReasoning MIB Browser
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Yes SNMP configuration.

Yes I have defined the correct IP and string. I disabled the private string. I wonder if that has something to do with my issues.

I will test with Ireasoning and report back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    No issue on your side. Something is up with our management software. Only feedback is that your UI does not ever indicate that the test trap was sent it just hangs up even though it was successful. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.