Setup new devices

CSPnetworkingCSPnetworking
edited May 2012 in InfraSensing Sensors
We just received 3 of the Temperature Sensor & Gateways. I downloaded the Manual and setup a PoE switch on my desk to connect them to to set them up. I was able to get one setup with the IP, name, etc that we wanted. I then disconnected that one and plugged in the second one. I wasn't able to connect to it so I followed the instructions on how to reset the device (thinking that maybe something just needed to be cleared out completely). I have not been able to connect to it. When the device is plugged in the two lights, Sensor (green) and Online (yellow/amber) go on for about 3 seconds and then remain off. The switch port light that it is connected to blinks on about once every 2 seconds.

This is happening with the second and third device that we're trying to setup. Do they need to be RMA'd or is there a different way to reset the device?

Comments

• AdministratorAdministrator
    Did you upgrade your firmware prior to resetting as indicated in the user manual?

If not, then the unit may need a factory reset of the firmware.

Go to http://www.serverscheck.com/support/initialsupport.asp to request your RMA so that it can be factory reset.
  • CSPnetworkingCSPnetworking
    We could not even connect to them to upgrade the firmware. We did the setup as described and were able to connect to the first one. When we finished with that one we plugged the second one in and couldn't connect to it. This happened with the third one as well. We were only able to follow the steps for 1 of the 3 that we received.

I will check out the link you supplied and request an RMA for the two units.
This discussion has been closed.